If you're eyeing Europe for some fun, Amsterdam is the right place for you! With world-class museums, festivals, live music, great concept stores, laid-back bars and amazing restaurants, there's never a shortage of things to do in Amsterdam! Especially in the winter months with a festive atmosphere, cozy pubs and plenty of events to enjoy as the nights draw in. And if you wanna explore the city in the right way, hotel's location and amenities will be very important to you. Amsterdam is overflowing with accommodation choices for every type of trip, so I'm bringing you my first choice as a great recommendation - Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky.
As a part of the NH Hotel Group’s new premium brand, NH Collection, Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky satisfies the needs of a guest profile that is looking for ‘that little bit extra’ from their trips, whether for business or leisure.
Located on the bustling Dam Square in the heart of Amsterdam, the NH Collection Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky is a luxury five-star conference hotel and it is surrounded by department stores, boutiques and varied shopping streets. Numerous sights, museums and theaters in the historic city center are all within walking distance. And with quality guaranteed, you'll enjoy a luxurious and unforgettable stay.
- a magnificent historic building dates back to 1855
- situated on the main square, and enjoys spectacular views of the Royal Palace
- very easy to reach, the hotel is a short stroll from Amsterdam Central Station, while bus and tram stops are just around the corner
- the authentic 19th-century architecture of Winter garden makes this a unique venue for any memorable event
- the rooms showcase contemporary style, using a palette of warm, natural colors
- the hotel even has an indoor parking garage and a boat jetty at its disposal, ensuring direct access to all that Amsterdam has to offer
Food and drinks
- for coffee or casual all-day dining, try the Grand Café Krasnapolsky, which offers beautiful views over Dam Square. Classic dishes and traditional favorites, like traditional Dutch salted meat and local smoked salmon, are on the menu
- in the mornings you can enjoy a healthy breakfast in the fabulous 19th-century Winter Garden, which is full of natural light thanks to its unique glass ceiling (it's more than just fabulous, trust me)
- when the sun goes down enjoy a drink or a tailor made cocktail at brand new bar The Tailor, under the guidance of the World’s Best Female Bartender, Tess Posthumus (you go girl!)
- or you can experience superlative cooking at the White Room, the hotel’s brand-new dining experience, open from April 2016. Heading the kitchen is Jacob Jan Boerma, one of only two chefs in the Netherlands to hold three Michelin stars. And all of this at your hotel? Yes, please!
- friendly and helpful staff
- guests: every kind of groups (single, couples, businessman, family, etc.)
You can check the rates directly on the NH collection website.
The location will make the best memory of your trip cause you will be able to explore the soul of the place you are staying in which is an iconic building with exquisite interior design.
With memorable gastronomic experiences inspired by world renowned Star Chefs it is more than just a place to stay. It's a place to experience the outstanding service.
p.s. thank you Nikita!